When choosing a personal trainer or personal training company there are a number of key questions to ask both yourself and the personal trainer before you book your first personal training session. The questions to ask yourself are:
- Why do I need a personal trainer?
- What are my health and fitness goals?
- Am I willing to take on borad the advice of a personal trainer?
- Are there any medical reasons why I shouldn't exercise?
- Can I afford a personal trainer?
- How much time can I devote to personal training each week?
Once you have answered all these questions you might be ready to hire a personal trainer. If this is the case then there are some important questions to ask your prospective personal trainer before you book them.
Questions to ask a personal trainer
Any qualified personal trainer will understand that you might be anxious and nervous about paying for personal training. Therefore they expect that you will want to know that any money paid out is money well spent. Therefore, personal trainers will be happy to answer any questions you have about the personal training service they provide. So below here are most of the questions you should be asking a personal trainer before you hire them.
- Where did you qualify as a personal trainer?
- Can I see your personal training qualifications?
- Are you a member of the Register of Exercise Professionals?
- Do you hold up-to-date public liability insurance?
- Can I see your insure card please?
- How much do you charge per personal training session?
- Are there any discounts if I bulk buy personal training sessions?
- When are you available?
- Do you have your own equipment?
- What does a typical personal training session look like?
- Will you give me a health screening before I book you?
- Is this health screening free?
- Do you do regular fitness tests?
- Have you ever personal trained anyone with my goals before?
- How and when did they reach their goals?
- Do you have any references I could contact?
Once you've ask a personal trainer the questions you feel you need answering you'll be in a better situation to understand whether this personal trainer is right for you. If they are great! If not, then simply pick another personal trainer and ask them the same questions.
Remember, Total Trainer allows you to search and find qualified personal trainers in your local area. Simply complete the request form above and we will match you to the personal trainer that offers the personal training services you seek.